ABLE is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team! ABLE is a high-growth company with opportunities for and encouragement of advancement.The Staff Accountant is responsible for executing and validating the company’s accounting practices and policies and ensuring the financial security of the company by adhering to local, state, and federal government requirements. Position performs various administrative and clerical functions as needed. Position currently reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Day-to-day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with Represent the accounting department across the broader organization in a professional manner, while working with the CFO to facilitate operational needs and provide a high level of service. Solid team player focused on supporting a high performing team.
- Analyze and reconcile the general ledger.
- Preparation of monthly entries, cash records and account analysis. Track inventory, related purchasing records and reconcile monthly.
- Support fixed asset, sales, property, and other tax reporting.
- Revenue/Sales cycle accounting (including revenue recognition, accounts receivable, bad debts and related reserve estimations).
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly internal reporting and analysis, including practice, location, and summary financial information.
- Assist with preparation of annual operating budgets.
- Maintain and strive to improve financial policies and internal controls. Assist with workflow improvement and support strong internal controls, particularly with regard to purchasing, inventory, asset control and protection, expense management, expense reporting and supporting a general approach with regard to reinforcing accountability and financial controls.
Skills and Qualifications
- Required: Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year university program
- 2-4 years hands-on accounting experience, retail industry a plus
- Quickbooks experience preferred
- Knowledge of retail industry accounting is a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills including pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs and Index/Match formulas.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter
- Must be able to multitask in a professional, fast-paced environment
- Must be available to work longer hours during peak closes
- Must be highly professional in appearance, tone, and delivery and an effective communicator
- Must be an exceptional listener, with the proven ability to problem-solve issues discussed
- The ability to work independently and in a group setting, high integrity, reasonable and thoughtful judgment, a sense of urgency, and analytical and intuitive skills
- Must have good eyesight and ability to focus on a computer screen for 8 hours per day
- Must be able to tolerate sitting and working at a desk for 8 hours per day
- Occasional night or weekend work may be required
- Hybrid schedule of in-office and remote offered
- The job will be based in Nashville, TN
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABLE is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees.