Filled with vibrant neighborhoods, innovative talent, and thoughtful consumers, Nashville has become a strategic hub for the emerging sector of social enterprise. A new generation of businesses are finding creative solutions to extreme poverty, encouraged by both the established business base of the city as well as the value placed on the creative arts in local culture. At ABLE, we are proud to take the lead in our community and around the world in changing the business of fashion.
ABLE is growing our Buying and Planning team, and we are searching for a Planner to collaborate in managing the planning process to help grow category sales.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 3 year experience in Buying, Planning, and/or Distribution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven background in applying and analyzing the statistical components of the business (IMU%, MD%, GM%, sell-through, WOS, etc.)
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel
- Proven track record in data-driven decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Work closely with all cross-functional team to execute what is best for the business
- Forecasting and reacting to sales trends for both bottoms-up and tops-down reviews
- Communicate clearly with vendors on needs and negotiations as needed
- Manage pre-season buy and sale plans
- Strategic management of in-season assortment life cycle
- Maintain retail pricing structure that aligns with the company's strategy and considers relevant competitors
- Analyze and calculate needed actions on inventory purchases
- Keep our customer’s best interest at the core of all decisions
- Maintain workload to hit all deadlines within the company calendar
- Committed to the work of empowering women through employment as a serious solution to poverty
- A self-starter who finds strength in being your own manager
- Has an understanding of the customer's wants and needs as well as the ability to identify the appropriate product/trend that will appeal to the customer base
- Organized and motivated by providing well-organized systems for others’ use
- Ability to stay on task and hit deadlines
- Passion for data and numbers
- Thrives in a team environment and enjoys collaborating to achieve best results
Position may require travel a few times each year.
ABLE is a rapidly growing fashion brand with a mission of ending generational poverty by creating economic opportunity for women, both locally and globally. Our team is composed of sharp, driven people who thrive in a mission-oriented, collaborative culture. Come join us in Nashville, Tennessee.
Note: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our appreciation for your interest. ABLE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.